Trauma

 As I sit here

I feel my body going numb

I feel my eyes glazing over

Not knowing what to do

I feel like I am shutting down

The world around me

Closing off from everyone

No one cares

They say they do

I believe 3 actual do

Truly understand 

Truly believe 

The feeling that I feel

The overwhelming pain

The traumatic events that play in my head

The pain that I feel

The insecurities I have

From the trauma has been built

I look at my life

All I see is trauma

For 25 fucking years

Nothing but trauma

Sexual assault 

Rape

After sexual assault and rape

Yet again

No one there to save me

When I called for help

No one ever there to save me

I have to heal

Try

Some days I don’t know how

The pain I have

Is overpowering 

Overbearing 

Overwhelming 

I am resilient

I will get through this 

I just have to fight

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Year

9-1-1 and Dispatch

Anxiety, PTSD, and Ticks Oh My!