Why Don’t You Leave?

 I’m sitting here this evening watching the news with my mom.  As I am sitting here we heard about how young girls were sex trafficked and abused. She asked me “if they became 18 years of age, why didn’t the leave?”  I don’t even know how to respond to this.  This is coming from a women who was physically abused for years. She stayed

I was in an abusive marriage, I stayed for nearly 15 years. Again why?  The thing is when people are abused we are made to feel like we can’t leave. We are told that we can’t leave for various reasons.  

Yet, her question still made me pause.  Why don’t they leave?  I wish I had an easy answer for this.  I wish things were different where people weren’t abused, raped, or even sex trafficked.  The world does not work this way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Year

9-1-1 and Dispatch

Anxiety, PTSD, and Ticks Oh My!