Aftercare




 Aftercare definition found on Google: the process of attending to one another after intense feelings of a physical or psychological nature relating to BDSM activities.

Something I am learning is aftercare isn’t just for an intense scene. Over the weekend I hand a descent spanking. It was for my belated bday spankings. I have never needed aftercare before for those. So, no one who attended or participated thought any thing of it. I didn’t think about needed. After the effects started to kick in. Feelings I never felt before kicked in. I was beginning to wonder. 

I was giving myself somewhat aftercare. Curling up with my blanket and stuffie.  I ate some food.  Nothing was making feel better. I didn’t understand why. Truthfully I didn’t understand why until the next day.  When I cried all the way home. The trip was an hour long. That aftercare may have been needed. No one is at fault. I blame no one. No one did anything wrong. I hope to whoever is reading this hears me on that. 

What I am discovering when I endured the amount of pain I did after not having it for so long my endorphins rushed in. They rushed in fast. Everything in around me came rushing in. The feelings were way different. From wanting to cry for no reason, to feeling the energy and the growling from another persons scene. The raw and intensity of everything I think it overwhelmed my system. I may have dropped along the way on Sunday..

With this all being said, no matter if you think you need it or not. It’s probably best you get aftercare. Especially if you hadn’t scened in awhile. If you haven’t scened with that much intensity for a bit like me.  Aftercare is so crucial to our bodies when we are coming off our highs. No matter what our highs look like. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Year

9-1-1 and Dispatch

Anxiety, PTSD, and Ticks Oh My!