TW: Scratching the Walls

 *I am ok, I am safe


Darkness creeps in

The numbness follows

No feeling left

The screams begin

Hands over my ears

Trying to silence them

Only to get louder


Scratching on the walls

Yelling to escape 

Wanting to play

Only for a bit


The walls stained red

Nails and arms scabbed

Screaming at me

Telling me just for a bit


Music begins to blare

Ahh silence 

They are quiet 

Just for a moment 

Knowing they will start

Once the music decides to stop

I can see them scratching

Wanting to escape


I look at the gate

Press my head on it

I see the brick building 

I can hear them from here

They yell for me to open


Scratching of the walls continue

As red begins to show

I can smell it from here

I bang the gate of frustration 

Calling my name

Luring me in


I walk away this time

For how long

I don’t know

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Year

9-1-1 and Dispatch

Anxiety, PTSD, and Ticks Oh My!