Scattered Brain

 Lately as I am shopping or just doing everyday tasks I end up staring off into space. I don’t even know why I do it. It’s like my brain malfunctions and it has to reboot. Then I come back and am like uh….. what was I doing. I even go “my brain broke.” I may say “my brain stopped.” What is bad is when your daughter has to keep being you back. 


She was trying to get my attention in the store while we were shopping at Costco. I stopped in the aisle and just stared at something. Honestly, I forgot why I stopped to look at the item. I kept moving once she brought me back. What’s bad is she is telling me I am getting worse. 


Even at work I am noticing simple words are not coming like they should. My thoughts just stop. I lose my train of thought. Somehow I get back to it and I continue on. I  told this all started when things got really bad at work. The stress started to pick up. Maybe that is true. My body doesn’t deal with stress well. 


Honestly, if I want to be honest with myself, I think it started back when I found out someone came back in the community. Someone who hurt me. I don’t know if I am doing as well as I think I am. I really haven’t been to any events since it all happened. I know Deep down I am safe. I think a part of me keeps looking over my shoulder. 


I have been in this fight or flight mode for years. My body doesn’t know any difference. Now, I'm trying to learn not to be in this mode. At times I don’t think I will ever get out of it. I know I will. I know it will take time. 


I am learning more about me, more about why I tick and how I tick through therapy. At times I hate therapy and it’s hard. I can be triggered as I process. I think I’m the long run, it’s a good thing. I’m finally working through years and years of trauma. 


Maybe when I work through most of it, I won’t have a scattered brain. My brain won’t malfunction. It won’t reboot for a lack of a better term. For now, I’m living it.  I’m writing when I can to help. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Year

9-1-1 and Dispatch

Anxiety, PTSD, and Ticks Oh My!