The Importance oh Hugs






Not too long ago I read a thing that says getting a hug for about 5 seconds can be good for us. The longer the hug with someone we trust/love the more beneficial it is to the person’s health. I didn’t think much about this. Not until recently. 


I went to a kink event yesterday. One I hadn’t been to in a very long time. Of course when people haven’t seen you in awhile they want to greet you and hug you. I’m always down for a hug from certain members. More often than not from anyone there really. 


 I enjoy the warm arms around me as they hug me. I enjoy the smell of my friends as I breathe them in. Being primal I notice these things. I notice a lot when my friends touch my arms as they wrap me with friendship and love. Yesterday was different for me. 


When one of my friends hugged me they were warm. With a high of 30 something yesterday they felt good. The warmth felt super nice. What I began to fill was different. I wanted to nuzzle and feel the embrace longer. Later on during the night I got another hug from them. Once again, I didn’t want the hug to end. 


It was at that moment I realized how deprived I have been of physical touch. How deprived I have been from hugs. I am a person who needs to be hugged. Even cuddled with. I didn’t realize how much this meant to me until I didn’t want to let go. 


By the time I hugged my other friend I just wanted to bury my head in their chest and stay there. Maybe it’s because I get safe. Maybe it’s because I just craved hugs so much. I don’t know. All I know is that when I got home my body felt it. 


It’s almost like I’m having a subdrop from just a hug. I feel like crying and hiding. I can’t tell you when I got a hug last. Honestly, that is sad. When I was talking to my friend last night. I said the last time I had any form of physical touch in a great amount is when I had platonic cuddles with them. That was a while ago. 


I see now just how important hugs are. Some people really do need them.  Some need them to almost survive. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hard Year

9-1-1 and Dispatch

Anxiety, PTSD, and Ticks Oh My!